I just got home from a vacation in Las Vegas and wanted to let you know what is coming up this month in posts about awesome car memorabilia:
1. I visited the pawn shop made famous by Pawn Stars on History Channel and discovered some cool automotive collectibles.
2. I then visited "Rick's Restorations" where I met Rick's wife Kelly and got a tour of not only the restoration shops, but a look at the fun collectibles they offer.
3. Then over to the lair of Count Cool Rider himself, Count's Kustoms, just four days before the premiere of his new show! A great tour of the car collection and memorabilia and gear shop.
4. What? There's more? Yes, a stop by the Toy Shack and a chat with the toy expert featured on Pawn Stars. I got a look at the fantastic custom toy vehicles they make based on the Disney/Pixar animated movie "Cars." True one-of-a-kind collectibles.
5. Scratch a car lover and you find a Harley fan. So, a trip to the Harley-Davidson Cafe on the Strip was in order. It did not disappoint.
6. Whew . . . then a trip to the Goldwell Open Air Museum in Rhyolite, Nevada to check out the remains of a sculpture titled "Desert Flower" made entirely of vintage automotive chrome (one of my favorites!). Tragically, the sculpture was destroyed in a wind storm. However, you'll see before and after photos of this lost artwork.
7. And yes! We have a new avatar for the About Car Memorabilia Facebook page. I had given away my vintage fuzzy dice in a contest the week before my trip. However, Las Vegas abides and Fremont Street provides. I'll be unveiling our new mascot on Sunday.
So, how was your weekend?